Durham City Smiles Patient Survey October 2016
During October we offered our patients the opportunity to complete a questionnaire and tell us how we are doing. We are delighted with the feedback and comments and a summary of the questionnaire is listed below:
The majority of patients completing the form have either been with Graeme and Stuart for many years (43%) or have been recommended to the practice (33%). This means that we have a lot of happy patients and the best recommendation about us is from them – so thank you very much!
- 100% of patients said that the reception staff were efficient and helpful.
- 100% of patients said that the waiting room was relaxing, comfortable, welcoming and that there was plenty to do.
- 99% of patients said that there was enough for children to do.
- 100% of patients said that they felt welcomed by DCS personnel and that their treatment was fully explained to them.
- 100% of patients said it was easy to book an appointment and 99% of patients were happy with the length of time they had to wait for an appointment.
- 66% of patients said that they would like early morning/late evening appointments and whilst we offer late evening appointments we do not offer early morning appointments, so this may be something we can look at in the future.
- 100% of patients said that they would recommend the practice to others.
Finally patients were asked to comment on the decor of DCS:
- 97% of patients said that the decor was very good or good.
- 99% of patients said that DCS was in a very good or good state of repair/maintenance.
- 98% of patients said that the outside appearance was very good or good.
- 99% of patients said that DCS standard of cleanliness was very good or good.
We had so many lovely comments it is impossible to include them all, but here are a selection from the survey:
‘Great Practice, one of the best in the Country. The staff make it so good and they can’t do enough for you. If you could award dentist michelin starts, you would get three starts. Would highly recommend you to anyone I see’
‘I am terrified of the dentists, they go out of their way to relax me, always friendly’
‘Everything is perfect, even Graeme’s shirts’
‘Felt safe and comfortable on first entering the premises. Graeme made me relax and explained everything about my problems. Having had a bad experience with previous dentist, coming here has made a considerable effect on my feelings towards dentists. Brilliant service keep up the good work’
‘Everyone in the practice is extremely friendly and service is excellent. It is like a part of a family. Would hate to go any where else’
‘Thankyou to all staff at DCS. The treatment and care that myself and family have received over the past few years has been of consistently high quality.’
‘Everyone is so friendly, the more I visit the less nervous I am feeling’
The only negative comments received were regarding parking. Whilst we do have a disabled parking bay we do not have any other parking available for patients. Street parking can be difficult in Durham City and many patients use ‘park and ride’ since we are close to the bus station.
Durham City Smiles carried out a patient survey in July 2015 and the results are presented below and we are delighted with all the positive comments received, indeed we received no negative comments. Some of the personal comments are shown below the table:
|Strongly Agree %||Agree %||Neither %||Blank %||Total %|
|Everyone within practice has appropriate, professional manner towards me||96||4||0||0||100|
|I am welcomed in a friendly manner||94||6||0||0||100|
|The waiting room has a warm & friendly atmosphere||92||6||2||0||100|
|I am confident about the standard of cleanliness & hygiene at the practice||97||3||0||0||100|
|I feel my check-up is thorough||96||4||0||0||100|
|The practice team understand my needs and use language I can understand||96||4||0||0||100|
|My dentist explains clearly what treatment is required and why||97||3||0||0||100|
|The practice team help me relax during my appointments||97||3||0||0||100|
|The quality of care is an important factor in my choice of dental practice||97||3||0||0||100|
This is just a small sample of the numerous comments received:
•Lovely, friendly practice
•Professional, friendly and all round first class quality of service. Even the boss!
•The staff are fantastic! I have always appreciated the wonderful care received from Graeme, Stuart & Mel. Thank you!
•Great with children
•An excellent practice, well run and very supportive. Would recommend highly
•I have confidence that I can get care when I need it
•The availability of appointments at short notice is very advantageous
•Simply The Best!
•Lovely practice, always a pleasure to come here
•Good balance of high professional standards and relaxed/welcoming atmosphere. Everyone has time for you.
Denplan Excel Patient Survey June 2014
The services offered by Durham City Smiles scored significantly higher than the National Reference Sample (Denplan Excel Survey 2013) and the practice scored highly in many categories including –
100% of patients surveyed at Durham City Smiles said that the services offered were excellent or good
95% of patients rated the competence of the dental team as ideal
98% of patents rated the standard of cleanliness and hygiene as ideal
98% of patients rated the attitude of the dental team as ideal
97% of patients rated the understanding of patient needs as ideal
97% of patients rated the explanation to patients as ideal
96% of patients rated their level of trust in the dental team as ideal
There were many complimentary comments made, here is a small sample of the comments received:-
- Friendly and highly skilled staff
- Professional people, high standards, helpful, informative and value for money
- Ability to make appointments at short notice
- The feeling of trust and confidence
- Understands my anxiety
- I have faith at last, at age of 55, which says it all
- The staff and lovely premises
- Brilliant! Dentist who really cares about my teeth. Not much of a waiting time for appointments and really friendly receptionists.
- Family atmosphere and professional yet personal touch